Frequently Asked Mycoplasma Questions
- What are Mycoplasmas?
- Why is mycoplasma contamination a major cell culture problem?
- Why do mycoplasma contamination rates remain high?
- Why does overuse of antibiotics result in higher mycoplasma contamination rates?
- How do mycoplasmas enter my cell cultures?
- How can I avoid mycoplasma contamination and other serious cell culture problems?
- What does Bionique Testing Laboratories recommend for testing my cultures for mycoplasma?
- How can I eliminate mycoplasma from infected cell cultures?
- Suggested Readings and References
FOR INFORMATION, CALL
Authored by Bionique Testing Laboratories Scientific Staff
Shayn Armstrong, Jill Mariano, Cynthia Martino and John Ryan have co-authored the chapter, Identifying Mycoplasma Contamination: Concepts and Tools, in the recently published textbook Microbial Identification: The Keys to a Successful Program, edited by Mary Griffin and Dona Reber and published by PDA and Davis Healthcare International Publishing, 2012