Mycoplasma Resource Center
Bionique® Testing Laboratories provides the following information as part of its Safe Cells® program for preventing and managing mycoplasma contamination and other related cell culture problems.
- What are Mycoplasmas?
- Why is mycoplasma contamination a major cell culture problem?
- Why do mycoplasma contamination rates remain high?
- Why does overuse of antibiotics result in higher mycoplasma contamination rates?
- How do mycoplasmas enter my cell cultures?
- How can I avoid mycoplasma contamination and other serious cell culture problems?
- What does Bionique Testing Laboratories recommend for testing my cultures for mycoplasma?
- How can I eliminate mycoplasma from infected cell cultures?
- Suggested Readings and References
- Helpful hints for better aseptic technique
- Creating a certified working cell bank for important cell lines
- For cell cultures
- For media, sera and other bioproducts
- For human vaccines and biologicals
- For mycoplasma clean up and elimination
- For other mycoplasma services
For technical assistance call us Monday through Friday at (518) 891-2356 between 8 am and 5 pm Eastern Time. Or contact us online for general inquiries.